Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Day at the Spa...OR.... Maybe a Whole Weekend!!

As I stated in my last post, Life is Exhausting!!!


I was checking my email this morning and received one from Ideeli.com about specials on spa packages at Lake Austin Spa and Resort. I have never been to a spa, but the more I looked at the website I thought to myself, "This is exactly what I need". Tranquil waters, rustic lodging, peace and quite. I think just being in that environment would boost my energy level ten fold.


I just want to veg out for a couple of days.  Read a good book, maybe start writing my own, get some fresh air and some much needed exercise. I don't even need all the massages, facials and body wraps. The spa would be a metaphorical soul treatment. The more I looked at the pictures and pictured myself in each one the more I felt the overwhelming need to get away for a couple of days.


It's just not possible though!  As much as my husband would have my back on getting the overdue rest, I would still feel guilty leaving my family to the same daily grind as always. I would want to at least bring hubby with me and that would just defeat the purpose. I would get no rest with husband by my side and not a kid in sight, if you know what I mean.  Husband and wife time is overdue as well.


Of course this resort is totally out of my price range. Three nights for 2 people is $2400, normally $4600.  $1470 if I go alone, not including food and any extras not included in the package. either way you slice it, I could never bring myself to spend that much money on myself.  I still won't let my husband by me my engagement ring almost three years post nuptials. I'm sure one day I will be a tad more selfish, but I expect that day to come well after the kids are out of the house.


For now I will just try to enjoy the chaos and try to keep my eyes open at the end of the day, long enough to read a few chapters of the aforementioned book.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. My hubby and I do get away at least once a year, but the "me" time is much more difficult to justify.

    I have learned to find it in 90 minute chunks of time. You might enjoy this post.

    http://www.confabulicious.com/90-magic-minutes-for-mom/

    I really do these things, and it keeps me sane.

    XO,

    Kim
    www.confabulicious.com

    ReplyDelete