Friday, September 3, 2010

You Have Chosen Wisely My Husband

Expecting to come home to the silent treatment and annoyed glares, I was pleasantly surprised when my husband came through the door with a smile on his face.  After the short, but raging exchange between us the night before, I did not think it would be much better the next time we were in a room together.


On the way home from work, with our boys in tow, I realized I didn't know what the plan for dinner was.  Although I didn't plan on making any communications with my hubby until he got home, the boys were starving and I needed to know.  I sent him a short text, "What are we doing about dinner?".  He responded with a list of leftovers and some other options.  To those I responded with, "OK. I will figure something out" followed by a smiley face.  I hoped this would let him know I was not in the mood to be rude and hopefully it took him out of attack mode.  Just a simple gesture and no arss kissing.


So either that gesture did the trick or he thought about my words and chose to not pursue the battle royal.  I believe that this recent bought of PMS is due to the fact that his body is becoming tolerant to the pain medication he is on.  Since the medication is highly addictive he is not taking more to compensate (thank goodness) he is in a great deal more pain then normal.  Although I am very sympathetic to this, I made it very clear that if this was the reason that I am becoming his punching bag (metaphorically) I didn't have time to deal with it.


I think I've finally gotten to the point in my life where I refuse to keep my mouth shut.  I have spent my whole life letting people run all over me and making me feel responsible for their crap.  No more!  All though it is stressful to fight for yourself, and I am still not great at it, it is vital for your soul.  Even if it is the person you love most in the world, if they love you equally they will see the error of there ways.


"You have chosen wisely my husband!" I love you..

No comments:

Post a Comment