Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why I Love My Kids


Besides the fact that we are genetically bonded for life, I love my kids because they are evidence to me, that life is worth living.

Even though on a daily basis, they make me want to pull my hair out, they even more so make me smile in wonder. Having personalities and idiosyncrasies truly unique to any one else. I am amazed everyday that I made these perfectly imperfect human beings.  Being perfectly imperfect myself, I have a lot of regrets in life, but they help me see past those regrets and keep me on the right path.

Nicholas is the oldest and I think he literally saved my life.  With him as my strength, I was able to stop all my unhealthy behavior.  He was what I had been waiting for and didn't even know I needed or wanted.  He is a sweet boy and so smart it's scary. He tells me he loves me 50 times a day including lots of hugs and kisses.  What more could a girl ask for. I get this adoration from my husband as well, but I cherish it from my boys because I know it won't last for long.
Then there is Jacob.  Another very sweet boy. Little blondy with dimpled cheeks. He is very possessive of his momma and doesn't like to share my lap with his brother. He is not quite as mild mannered as his brother and does all the things I thought a toddler was supposed to do before I was spoiled with Nicholas. A bit more aggressive than I would like and much more stubborn. I was worried about starting him in daycare due to these characteristics, but he is the favorite of the teacher's and they compliment him on his discipline and calm manner. Hmmm. Where is this Jacob when we are at home?

I love these boys more than I could possibly express and the thought of anything happening to them brings a lump to my throat. They are my life.  Everything I do is for them and they deserve every bit of love I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment